Since having to close our branches March 15 due to COVID-19, Capital Area District Libraries (CADL) is excited to once again offer award-winning service through our 13 branches. We are now moving gradually through three levels, starting with contactless item pickup and ultimately ending with fully restored in-branch services.
Level 1 begins on Monday, June 22 with contactless item pickup. Members who place items on hold can pick them up curbside or at the door, depending on their branch. No items will be allowed to be picked up until they have been quarantined for 72 hours, so this service is an easy and safe way for members to get items, information and tax forms.
Here’s how it works:
- Visit cadl.org/catalog to place items on hold, indicating the branch location for pickup. You may also call your branch to request items. Please have your CADL card information available.
(NOTE: You may place holds on hotspots and passes, but no other Library of Things items will be available for checkout at this time. If you currently have a Library of Things item on the holdshelf, your name will still be at the top of the list when those items can be checked out again.)
- When your items are in (or if you already had some on the holdshelf from before our buildings closed), you will receive a notice via text or phone call that it’s time set up an appointment for pick up.
Appointment times will be available on these days:
- All branches except Downtown Lansing & South Lansing: Monday through Friday from 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Downtown Lansing & South Lansing: Monday through Friday from 10 a.m.-7 p.m. & Saturday from 12-5 p.m.
Call your branch to make the appointment and be sure to have your card information available. You will receive specific instructions during this call for how and when to pick up your items. NOTE: If you have been holding onto Library of Things items, please bring them with you to return now.
- When you arrive at your appointed time, call again to let us know you are here.
- For branches with curbside pickup: Staff will bring items out and place them in your trunk.
- For branches with door pickup: Staff will place your bagged items on a table. The bag will have a hold slip with your code printed on it. Please remain six feet away from any staff or other members when picking up your items.
- CADL Aurelius, 1939 Aurelius Road (517) 628-3743
- CADL Dansville, 1379 E. Mason Street (517) 623-6511
- CADL Downtown Lansing, 401 S. Capitol Avenue (517) 367-6363
- CADL Haslett, 1590 Franklin Street (517) 339-2324
- CADL Holt-Delhi, 2078 Aurelius Road (517) 623-6511
- CADL Leslie, 201 Pennsylvania Street (517) 589-9400
- CADL South Lansing, 3500 S. Cedar Street (517) 272-9840
- CADL Stockbridge, 200 Wood Street (517)851-7810
- CADL Webberville, 115 S. Main Street (517) 521-3643
- CADL Williamston, 3845 Vanneter Road (517) 655-1191
Details about Levels 2 and 3 will be shared as we transition into them. Starting dates will be based on current health and safety guidelines.
Under the leadership of an appointed Board of Trustees, CADL serves most residents in Ingham County and part of Eaton County. With 13 branches and a Mobile Library, our service area includes 23 different municipalities. Our system is funded through a district-wide millage.